The Murder Of Rudolf Hess   
Page II




In circa fünf bis sechs Wochen erscheinen die Erinnerungen
von Abdallah Melaouhi:
"Ich sah den Mördern in die Augen! Die letzten Jahre
und der Tod von Rudolf Heß"
Abdallah Melaouhi bricht 20 Jahre nach der Ermordung von Rudolf Heß
sein Schweigen und berichtet zum ersten Mal ausführlich in einem Buch über seine fünf Jahre mit dem letzten Gefangenen von Spandau.

Rudolf Hess

Affidavit of Abdallah Melaouhi

A Call for a Congressional Investigation
of The Murder of Rudolf Hess

Rudolf Hess: Prisoner of Peace

Wolf Ruediger Hess, Son Of Rudolf Hess Dies

"Ein tapferes Herz hat aufgehört zu schlagen...
Wolf Rüdiger Hess zum Gedenken Von Jürgen Rieger

Enkel von Rudolf Heß wegen Volksverhetzung verurteilt
Donnerstag 24. Januar 2002, 18:23 Uhr München (Reuters)

A grandson of Adolf Hitler's deputy Rudolf Hess was fined
for public incitement on Thursday
after putting remarks by Hess on the Internet.



Affidavit of Abdallah Melaouhi

Tanscript of the affidavit of Abdallah Melaouhi, the civil male nurse, who cared for Rudolf Hess for five years. This affidavit is the only eyewitness report from within the prison on the day Rudolf Hess died, 17th August 1987. 

TO: The Service Registering Officer for North West Europe

In the Matter of the Births, Deaths and Marriages (Special Provisions) Act 1957

AND in the Matter of the Entry in the Register of Deaths of RUDOLF WALTHER RICHARD HESS

I, ABDALLAH MELAOUHI, of [address - censored due to privacy] do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:

I worked as a male nurse caring for Rudolf Hess from 1 August 1982 until his death on 17 August 1987 at the Allied Military Prison in Spandau. From 1967 to 1970 I trained as a technical medical assistant in tropical diseases at the Institute of Tropical Medicine in Hamburg. From 1970, I continued my training as a qualified male nurse until 1973 when I received a Diploma Certificate in Nursing. In 1974 I moved to Berlin and worked at Hohengatow Hospital in the intensive care unit until 1976. I then attended the specialist medical school, Gauschule, Wedding, at the recommendation of the Department of Health at the Berlin Senate until 1977 and upon completing that training I received a Diploma in anaesthesia and the intensive care of sick people.

I was then promoted to Superior Male Nurse and went to work at Spandau Hospital(Krankenhaus, Spandau) in the intensive care unit until 1st August 1982 when I went to work in the Allied Military Prison in Spandau as Male Nurse for Rudolf Hess.

On the day of Mr Hess' death, 17 August 1987, I commenced my duties, which involved caring for Mr Hess, as usual at 6.45 a.m. I assisted him, as was usual, with showering and dressing, and was present when he ate a meal at 10.30 a.m. At no time did he give any indication that his state of mind was disturbed or that he was unduly depressed. Shortly after the meal, he asked me to go to the nearby town of Spandau to purchase a ceramic pot to replace one which was defective. Mr Hess would not have made such a request merely to ensure my absence, since I was always absent in any event from midday, during my noon pause.

At 2 p.m. I was called to the prison from my flat which was located outside, but in the immediate vicinity of, the prison (to which I had gone on my return from the town of Spandau). After some delay I reached the summerhouse in the prison garden where I was told that there had been an incident. The small door at the front of the summerhouse was closed.

When I entered the summerhouse, the scene was like a wrestling match had taken place; the entire place was in confusion. The straw tiled mat which covered the floor was in disarray, although only the day before I had cleaned the floor and had left the straw tiled mat carefully arranged in its usual place. A tall lamp had fallen over, but I clearly remember that the cable attached to the lamp was still connected to the main socket. It was this lamp cable which the authorities later said that Mr Hess had used to hang himself. A round table and Mr Hess's armchair had also been overturned. In summary, none of the furniture or equipment was in its usual place, and there is no question in my mind but that a struggle had taken place in the summerhouse.

The body of Mr Hess was lying on the floor of the summerhouse, apparently lifeless. Near to his body stood two soldiers dressed in US Army uniforms. I had never seen either soldier before. I also saw an American guard, whom I knew as a Mr Tony Jordan. There was no cable anywhere near the body of Mr Hess; as I have said, the only cable was attached to the fallen lamp which was still plugged into the wall.

I immediately proceeded to examine Mr Hess. I could not detect any respiration, pulse or heartbeat. I estimated that death had occurred 30 to 40 minutes earlier.

The guard whom I knew as Jordan stood near Mr Hess's feet and appeared overwrought. He was sweating heavily, his shirt was saturated with sweat and he was not wearing a tie. I said to Jordan: "what have you done with him?" He replied: "The pig is finished, you won't have to work a night shift any longer". I told him to bring the emergency case (which contained a first aid kit) and the oxygen appliance, while I commenced artificial respiration. When Jordan returned with the equipment, I noticed that he had first taken the opportunity to change his clothes. The equipment which he brought had clearly been interfered with. The seal on the emergency case had been broken open and its contents were in a state of disorder. The intubation instrument set had no battery and the tube was perforated. Further, the oxygen appliance had no oxygen in it. Yet when I had checked the emergency case and the oxygen appliance that same morning, as part of my normal duties, I am certain that both had been in full working order.

Since I did not have any of the necessary equipment I did the best I could which was to perform mouth to mouth resuscitation on Mr Hess and I asked one of the soldiers in American uniform to conduct a heart massage on him. This was at approximately 3.20 pm. These efforts had no discernable effect.

A doctor and a medical orderly whom I did not recognise arrived from the English Military Hospital in an ambulance. They brought a heart-lung machine into the summerhouse. I tried to operate the machine but it did not appear to function. Mr Hess was taken to hospital. I accompanied him and made further unsuccessful attempts to resuscitate him in the ambulance. There were final unsuccessful attempts to resuscitate him by the doctors at the hospital. He was pronounced dead at the hospital at 16.10 hours.

During the five years in which I daily cared for Mr Hess, I was able to obtain a clear and accurate impression of his physical capabilities. I do not consider, given his physical condition, that it would have been possible for Mr Hess to have committed suicide in the manner later published by the Allied powers. He had neither the strength nor the mobility to place an electric flex around his neck, knot it and either hang or strangle himself. Mr Hess was so weak that he needed a special chair to help him stand up. He walked bent over with a cane and was almost blind. If ever he fell to the ground he could not get up again. Most significantly, his hands were crippled with arthritis; he was not able, for example, to tie his shoelaces. I consider that he was incapable of the degree of manual dexterity necessary to manipulate the electric flex as suggested. Further, he was not capable of lifting his arms above his shoulders; it is therefore in my view not possible that he was able to attach the electric flex to the window catch from which he is alleged to have suspended himself.

Having regard to first Mr Hess' physical condition; second, the scene which I discovered in the summerhouse, in particular the location of the electric flex; and third, the surrounding circumstances as I have described them, I am firmly of the view that Mr Hess could not possibly have committed suicide as has been claimed. In my view, it is clear that he met his death by strangulation, at the hands of a third party.

Declared before me at: [handwritten "Berlin"]

Signature of Declarant: [signature of Abdallah Melaouhi]
on: [handwritten "17.2.1994"]

Qualification of person or officer taking the declaration: Reinhard Gizinski, Notary Public, Berlin


A Call for a Congressional Investigation
of The Murder of Rudolf Hess


I was in Ohio on August 17, 1987 when news came of the death of Rudolf Hess at Spandau Prison. Within several days, it was reported that Hess had committed suicide, a version endorsed several weeks later by his Allied jailers (the United States, the Soviet Union, Great Britain, and France) in official communiques:

Rudolf Hess hung himself from the bar of the window of a small building in the prison garden, using the electric cord of a reading lamp. Efforts were made to resuscitate him. He was rushed to the British Military Hospital, where, after several further efforts, he was pronounced dead at 4:10 p.m. local time.

A note addressed to the Hess family has been found in his pocket: "Thanks to the directors for addressing this message to my home. Written several minutes before my death."

It was then only a passing thought that Hess might have been a victim of foul play rather than a man who would willfully take his own life. The Hess I'd learned about through reading Eugene K. Bird's Prisoner No. 7 or G. Gordon Liddy [1] did not seem the sort of man who would leave this world voluntarily, but rather as a man true to his ideas and idols, defiant to the end.

It was not until May, 1989, while in Paris during a short stay, that I happened across an article in Le Figaro Magazine (No. 13871) written by Jean-Pax Méfret which suggested Hess's death was something other than suicide. Had it been a matter of some tabloid announcement, a Gallic version of our National Enquirer, that would have been easy to dismiss, but here it was in one of France's most prestigious weeklies.

The twists and turns of Jean-Pax Méfretís year-long investigation led him through various clandestine contacts and secret rendezvous, often with persons who, knowing his profession, were careful about their identity and what they said.

A chance meeting in March, 1988 between Méfret and an Allied officer stationed in Berlin, for example, gave a lead which helped spark further investigation when the officer suddenly confided: "Rudolf Hess ... he did not commit suicide" (and again after a momentary pause), "Hess did not commit suicide." The officer met Méfret again the following day and, under a guarantee of anonymity, revealingly hedged his earlier statement:

Forget what I told you the other evening. In any event, this matter can't leak out: everything has been perfectly arranged. The outbuilding was burned down within 48 hours. Even the cord which Hess supposedly used to hang himself has gone up in smoke. No one will ever be able to prove that this old Nazi didn't kill himself.

What the Allied officer said about proof, seven months after Hess' death, would soon be contradicted by several key testimonies. One of these was by Abdallah Melaouhi, Hess' medical attendant at Spandau since August, 1982. Broadcast in an interview over B.B.C. news February 28, 1989, Melaouhi stated categorically that he did not accept the official suicide thesis. On the day of Hess's death he described how his normal visit time of 11:20 was changed to have him arrive 40 minutes earlier, and how later that day when he entered the room where Hess was supposed to have hanged himself, " ... everything was topsy-turvy, yet the cord was in its normal place and still plugged into the wall."

A more telling testimony is the report of Professor Dr. Wolfgang Spann, the medical expert hired by the Hess family to perform a second autopsy, which had not yet been made public at the time of Méfret's article. Spann's detailed examination of the neck failed to corroborate the autopsy of the Four Powers' pathologist, J.M. Cameron, who reported a suicide: Spann found that Hess had died from strangulation, not hanging. [2]

Through the services of an anonymous Spandau employee, Jean-pax Méfret obtained a copy of a letter written by Rudolf Hess dated 27 October, 1984 to the "governments of the four powers of allied military protection of Berlin-Spandau." In this letter, Hess, at age 90, describes his state of health as part of a request for liberty. This description, predating Hess' alleged suicide by almost three years, starkly contrasts with that of a man who could, with very little time and under the surveillance of his guard, noose an electric cord, tie it to the bar of a window and hang himself. Here is a translation of the letter:

Until recently, I was three-fourths blind. Yet part of my left eye was still in perfect condition. Since the morning of Friday, 17 August, it has meanwhile developed that I was no longer able to read normal sized letters of newspaper text. Even certain 4 centimeter characters printed in the title of a paper were no longer visible. There is nothing left in their place but empty space ... The detachment of the retina will continue until such time as I become totally blind ... Within the time of twenty minutes while I walk in the prison garden I experience heart problems. This forces me to sit down and to rest so as to take up my activity for a short period ... I have edema of the legs which only goes away on condition I elevate my legs both day and night. I also have weakness in my thighs of which the muscles no longer control bending of the knees, so much so that I can no longer raise myself, not even with the use of my cane. It is necessary for another person to help me get on my feet ... My intestines are displaced to the right, forming a large lump below the abdomen. A few steps suffice to provoke extreme pain.

Is this the description of a man who could hang himself? Not unless it can be supposed Hess's condition improved dramatically in the course of the three-year interval.

Another telling document obtained by Méfret is the letter Rudolf Hess wrote to Mr. Keane, the American Director of Spandau. Dated 4 April, 1987, (just four months prior to Hess's death), it reads as follows:

As motive for my previously submitted request concerning the dismissal of the American guard Jordan [emphasis added]: he is of poor upbringing, yes, very overbearing and harmful toward me. All the others are amicable, polite and helpful in my regard. Even the directors are of the highest manners. Mr. Jordan has now become a danger to my health. I pass my two hours with him with great difficulty, with a continuous elevation of my blood pressure of 120 beats per minute (125 can be fatal). To repeat, the strain of his presence accelerates my heart rate. As you have told me, Mr. Jordan is here as a guard employed by the Senate and held accountable to Civil Service regulations. The Senate must therefore approve his dismissal. I sincerely implore the Senate to do this, for the sake of the state of health of a 93-year-old man.

The prison log for 17 August, 1987, the day Rudolf Hess died, contains two very interesting entries. The lesser of the two is that at 10:20, Hess put in a request for 30 packets of tissue paper, two sheets of writing paper, a ruler, and three rolls of toilet paper; hardly the request of a man intending suicide just a few hours later. Second are the entries for 14:10 and 14:30. The entry for 14:10 states Hess went for a walk in the garden accompanied by Jordan, the American guard mentioned in the above letter. Twenty minutes later (although there is some question in that the time of 14:30 has been visibly altered from the original entry), Jordan reports that "an incident" has occurred. The French guard Audoin arrives on the scene and tries to resuscitate Hess, apparently without avail, as is the case with trying to find Mr. Keane. Hess does not arrive at the British Military Hospital until 15:50, a full hour and 20 minutes after the "incident."

The foregoing evidence obviously raised some very serious questions about the death of Rudolf Hess: Was Jordan hired as part of a plot to assassinate Hess? Why was the American Director, Mr. Keane, unwilling to entertain Hess's concern regarding Jordan's behavior? Why was Spandau fortress destroyed within 48 hours of Hess's death, particularly the outbuilding where he died and the alleged suicide instruments?

It is true that Hess had apparently attempted suicide at least once, in February, 1946, and it is also true there were no known Allied attempts on his life during the 41 years prior to August, 1987. On the other hand, costs to maintain Spandau Prison, with its 600 cells, 100 full-time employees and guard detachments for the Four Powers, had soared to over 100 million dollars annually. Rudolf Hess, the last remaining prisoner at Spandau since the release of Albert Speer and Baldur von Schirach in 1966, has incontestably become the most expensive prisoner in the world. This is only one of several plausible motives, however.

In August 1990, supported by the above information, I contacted Congressman Earl Hutto, requesting an official investigation into the circumstances surrounding Hess' death. Within a month I received a cordial reply stating there were no current plans for such an effort, although my comments would be kept on hand " ... should Congress hold hearings on this matter." Mr. Hutto forwarded a copy of my letter and article (which included important photostats from the Figaro article), to the Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and International Law within the House Committee on the Judiciary. As a follow-up, I sent a second copy of the article in October, 1990 directly to New York committee member Hamilton Fish, Jr.

It is strongly urged that those interested in the Hess affair and our nation's responsibilities to truth and honor to write the Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and International Law requesting an official investigation into the death of Rudolf Hess. Not only was Spandau prison under U. S. control at the time of his death, but as I have pointed out, there is reasonable concern that an American guard by the name of Jordan may have played a role.


  1. See Parade, February, 1981, pg. 6, "G. Gordon Liddy: Why Hess Will Never Break."
  2. See Mord and Rudolf Hess?, by Hess' son Wolf Rüdiger (Leoni am Starnberger See, Germany: Druffel, 1989), pp. 191-229 for Cameron's and Spann's autopsies and Spann's official report to the author. ( Mord an Rudolf Hess? and its English translation, Who Murdered My Father, Rudolf Hess? are available from the Institute for Historical Review.
  3. Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees, and International Law (Bruce A. Morrison [D-CT], Chairman), B370B Rayburn H.O.B., Washington, DC 20515-6217. Telephone: 1-202-225-5727.
  4. Sources close to the Hess family tend at this time to doubt that Jordan himself, who still lives in Berlin and is employed by the U. S. Army, carried out the murder, but believe that he is a key witness. Their suspicion focuses on the British. -- Editor

Source: Reprinted from The Journal of Historical Review, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 360-364.



Failure at Nuremberg: An Analysis of the Trial, Evidence, and Verdict

Institute for Historical Review (pb reprint) 42pp, $2.50, ISBN 0-939484-04-8.

Rudolf Hess:
Prisoner of Peace


  • by Ilse Hess and Rudolf Hess, translated from the German by Meyrick Booth, Ph.D. and edited by George Pile with a Foreword by Air-Commodore G.S. Oddie, D.F.C., A.F.C. (Royal Air Force). Institute for Historical Review (pb reprint) 151pp, $5.00, ISBN 0-939484-02-1.
Reviewed by Wayland D. Smith, Ph.D

The republication in inexpensive editions of these two books is a fine contribution to the dawning understanding of the monstrous perversion of law and justice that the victors of World War II inflicted upon their defeated enemies. More specifically, one should say: upon the Germans and, to a very much smaller degree, upon the Japanese. As for the Italians, despite the seizure of Ethiopia and Albania and the attack upon an already collapsing France (recalling Roosevelt's "the hand that held the dagger has struck it into the back of its neighbor") there were for them no analogous "trials." Eugene Davidson (The Trial of the Germans) explains this anomaly with what must be the understatement of all time. "The kind of war the Italians fought," he writes, "left the Allied nations with a sense of security in regard to future Italian military power."

Failure at Nuremberg and Rudolf Hess: Prisoner of Peace were both originally published in England shortly after the war. The former appeared in 1947 and was published by the British People's Party; the latter was published in hardback in London in 1954 by the Briton's Publishing Company. Both books had become rare collector's items until their republication currently by the IHR. The title of the smaller book, Failure, as well as the most graphic and evocative cover-illustration by Mark S. Winn, defines the contents well enough. The message of Prisoner is perhaps not so immediately obvious. It is the translation of a book which the gallant and loyal Frau Ilse Hess compiled from the letters written to her by her husband, Rudolf Hess, during the years of his imprisonment in England following his epochal peacemaking mission, from the prison at Nuremberg and from Spandau prison up to 1951 -a period comprising the first ten years of his, now, 42 years of incarceration. There are 23 photographs (eleven pages) in the Hess book, many of which are exclusive to this edition. Some are formal photographs of historical moments but others reveal, as do many of Hess' letters, a warm-hearted, loving family man and a devoted husband and father. These latter qualities have never been denied in him even by his most virulent enemies. Nor have I been able to detect in the correspondence any signs or symptoms of the alleged mental instability we have heard so much about. There are also letters from Frau Hess to her husband which are, as might be any letters from a wife with the ability to express her feelings, compounded of news of personal matters, expressions of love and anxious concern, and during the proceedings at Nuremberg and the immediately subsequent period, with practical matters of Hess' defense and his attorney's wish to appeal against the sentence. As to that, Hess strenuously objected to any appeal and to his wife he wrote:

I have just sent the following letter to Dr. Seidl (Hess' attorney): "The commandant has informed me that you have sent in a petition for mercy on my behalf to the International Control Committee. Hereby I put it on record that this took place without my knowledge and against my desire. I regard the handing in of such a petition as an act devoid of dignity." (Nuremberg: 13 October 1946).

To this Frau Hess replied:

Your clear and unmistakable reply to Dr. Seidl has really troubled us! It is true that we, too, were more than horrified about the version published in the Press of his petition for mercy on your behalf, which did not appear to fit in with the pattern of your conduct. In fact these petitions in general-as was obvious from the beginning-were quite pointless since they had no chance of success and they have been unfavorably regarded.

Frau Hess goes on to explain that in fact what Dr. Seidl had submitted was not a petition for mercy but a statement of evidence to the effect that the penalty (of life imprisonment) on the two out of four charges upon which Hess had been condemned was excessive beyond all reason and itself "constituted a flagrant and grievous breach of the law." With this reply, Hess indicated he was satisfied and that Seidl had acted properly. The interchange is somewhat difficult to understand today when it has become so obvious to all but the willfully blind that no "law" or legal precedent was anywhere within a thousand miles of the kangaroo courts of victors' vengeance at Nuremberg and elsewhere. Even that enigma, Winston Churchill, his sense of honor and integrity long since buried under the corpulent accretion of boundless egotism and ruthless ambition, seems to have felt a twinge of shame at the fate of Rudolf Hess. Perhaps war-mongering Winnie who worked so hard to get the war he knew would be his only possible road back to power and who, while proclaiming his commitment to the preservation of the British empire, did more than any other human being recklessly to destroy it, perhaps, I say, he will get a day's remission each century from Hell for this: "Reflecting upon the whole of this story, I am glad not to be responsible for the way in which Hess has been and is being treated ... He came to us of his own free will, and so, without authority, had something of the quality of an envoy."

It is my guess that Churchill really meant what he wrote. It is a lot less certain that the pious protests-or proposals-made in recent years by the British, French and American authorities that this man-now 89 years old-should be released from Spandau where he is the lone prisoner remaining and which have been vetoed by the Soviets-are sincere. Honor and humanity would seem to outweigh any breach of diplomatic agreements made in an era of fanatical vengefulness, yet when I personally suggested to one of foreign departments of the three Western powers that Hess should be simply released willy-nilly the next time the guards at Spandau were theirs, I was told that this was impossible because it would constitute a violation of international agreements. Crocodile tears cost nothing. Apparently honor and mercy are too expensive, however. Sheer barbarism aside, it is a lot easier to understand why the Soviet Union is determined that Hess die, silent and confined.

Rudolf Hess was born in Alexandria, Egypt on 26 April 1894 where his father was in business. Alexandria was already a great seat of British naval power and Hess, as a child, developed a life-long affection and admiration for the British, whom he regarded as a kindred Germanic people. That particular sentiment is one which has been shared by many Germans, and at one time, before they became the victims of an irresponsible Press, not a few British. The only three German emperors during the life of the Second Reich felt that kinship and affection as well as, sometimes, frustration and incomprehension that it was so largely unrequited after 1870. This was true of Hitler and to some extent of Bismarck. For a study of the one-sided love affair and the disaster which British unresponsiveness finally made inevitable, I refer the reader to Dr. Peter Peel's excellent book, British Public Opinion and the Wars of German Unification, which is available from the IHR. The point is that Hess viewed with horror the prospect, and the eventual realization, of a fratricidal bloodbath between the two great Germanic nations. Hitler shared these views although the impression persists that with Hitler Realpolitik considerations predominated over Gefühlspolitik -- or sentimental -- considerations whereas with Hess the balance was probably in the other direction.

Hess attended a German school in Alexandria from the ages of six to twelve. Thereafter, he was sent to a Lutheran school in Bad Godesberg. In World War I, he served in the same regiment as Hitler-the 16th Bavarian- although the two never met until after the war. Later in the war, Hess transferred to the Imperial Air Force as an officer pilot. After demobilization, he attended the University of Munich where he became a close friend of the Famous Dr. Karl Haushofer whose lectures on geopolitics he attended. He remained friends with the Haushofer family for many years, even after "Nuremberg." Hess, like Haushofer, was convinced that a healthy Germany needed "Lebensraum" which could only be gained to the East. That "wicked" word may be more tolerable to Americans if I point out that it is only "Manifest Destiny," German-style. In any case, France has subscribed to the same sentiment, continuously ingesting German lands to her east since 1552. It is the prime imperative of all healthy organisms to expand their breeding grounds and this is always necessarily at the expense of some other organisms. Otiose and satiated powers attempt to sit pat on agreed limits-and soon find only that that is the beginning of degeneration and contraction.

Hess was a participant in the attempted Putsch in November, 1923. He had joined the Nationalist Socialist German Workers Party in June, 1920 as its 16th member (Hitler was its seventh). Hess escaped arrest when Hitler was seized but voluntarily returned to serve eighteen months in Landsberg prison where he became Hitler's unofficial private secretary and assisted in the first commitment to paper of Mein Kampf. In 1933 Hitler, now Führer and Reichskanzler, made Hess Stellvertreter, or Deputy Führer, and Minister Without Portfolio. It is probably fair enough to say that Hess worshipped the Führer-as did untold myriads of lesser men-and Hitler certainly regarded Hess with great trust and affection, customarily addressing him, as with only a very few others, as "Du." No one who has seen Leni Riefenstabl's great film Triumpf des Willens will ever forget the segment in which Hess introduces Hitler to the exuberant audience with these words: "Der Partei ist Hitler. Hitler, aber, ist Deutschland wie Deutschland Hitler ist! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!"

At Nuremberg, Hess was convicted of conspiracy to wage war and of crimes against peace. Even in the madness of those days there was no way in which he could have been found guilty of the other charges-war crimes and crimes against humanity. He was sentenced to life imprisonment. Nevertheless, the Russian member of the judicial tribunal, General Nikitchenko, dissented and instead demanded the death penalty for Hess.

On 5 May 1941, Stalin made two speeches at a Kremlin banquet given for a large graduating class of staff officers. Apparently the party soon evolved into a rather wild, drunken orgy and some very indiscreet remarks were bandied about including those by Stalin himself. Most of the important members of the Politburo were present as well as several high-ranking service officers. What was said was passed on to Germany by agents and was known in the Wilhelmstrasse within hours. The details were further confirmed at a later date during the interrogation of two Russian generals and a major who were questioned separately when captured by the Germans and whose reports were almost identical as to the facts. Stalin had boasted that the non-aggression pact he had made with Ribbentrop in August 1939 was "just camouflage." Now that Russia had acquired all the territory possible by diplomatic means (by which he would have meant the eastern half of Poland, Finno-Karelia, Bessarabia, Ruthenia and Northern Bukovina, as well as the three Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania), it was time to ready the Russian people for aggressive war. Only by war could more territory be gained. Russian armament production was so satisfactory that a war against Germany could begin any time within the next two months.

Hess flew to Britain on 10 May-five days after the Kremlin bash. Until historians have open access to British papers concerning the epic flight to Scotland and what actually passed between Hess and his interlocutors in Britain, we cannot prove that Hess came to Britain to expose these Russian plans or to attempt to effect an active alliance of the sort Hitler had always wanted between Germany and the British Empire. Some of the peace proposals are now public knowledge but much is still "classified." In such circumstances, intelligent speculation is not only admisable but desirable. At all events, as we know all too well today and to the loss of the whole White world, Hess' mission failed and his proposals were never seriously entertained. Years of propaganda had successfully incensed the British public against National Socialist Germany and it was far too late to reverse the course-or so it seemed. Besides, such a reversal would have ended the vainglorious career of Winston Churchill, whose insatiable ambition it was to be a great war-leader and whose mistaken conviction it was that he was a gifted strategian. And so the last chance was muffed. The sun has set forever on the British empire. Half of Europe is under the heel of the USSR. The United States and every country of northern and western Europe is being swamped with the brown, black and yellow masses of the Third World. What is left of the once proud Aryans is a race of guilt-ridden, apologetic, spineless helots of Israel lacking the will not only to expand and increase its breeding grounds, but even to defend its own national borders against aggressive alien invaders. Rudolf Hess: Prisoner of Peace is thus important as a record of its eponymous hero's thoughts and feelings and as an affirmation against his slanderers that his ideas were sane-saner than almost anyone else's in the context of the European civil war.

As a footnote, it is interesting to note that Air Commodore Oddie who wrote the foreword was one of those hundreds of gallant servicemen who had fought with great distinction in World War I and received many decorations but who, only because they opposed the war with Germany, not because of any crime they had committed, were imprisoned without charge or trial under the infamous "Regulation 18b" throughout most of the Second World War. Admiral Sir Barry Domvile was another such, and Sir Oswald Mosley and his wife. Another was the ex-Coldstream Guards officer and member of parliament, Captain A.H.M. Ramsay. There were nearly two thousand less well known. The powers that made and wanted World War II-not only men like Churchill and Roosevelt but those far more ancient, sinister and powerful forces behind them-were determined to allow not the least expression of opposition to their malevolent plans.

Something remains to be said about Failure at Nuremberg. It is a very small, very lucid and readable book-a mere 42 pages. It is therefore the ideal introduction to a new understanding of the true nature of recent history for the hitherto innocent and uninitiated. As such, I recommend that those who can afford to do so buy a number of copies for distribution to those whose tenebrous condition should be illuminated. Publishing Failure in Britain in 1947 was undoubtedly an act of courage and a gesture of honora beau geste, in fact. Beyond that, I cannot praise too highly the succinct form in which it explains and condemns the whole chicanery and hypocritical cant of "Nuremberg." Finally, one should always remember that there were a few gallant souls who, often at the cost of their careers, openly condemned the Nuremberg "trials" (sometimes referred to as "Trial by Jewry"). Outstanding among those sturdy figures who defied the sadistic zeitgeist were men such as Senator Robert Taft in the United States and in England the Dean of St. Pauls, the Very Reverend William Inge. And I cannot do better than conclude this review by quoting some words of noted authoress Taylor Caldwell which appear on the back cover of Failure:

I have been boiling mad for years over the "war crimes trials," which I think were despicable and contemptible and smack more of ancient Rome's barbarism than of a so-called civilized country. Our country's hands are not free of blood and crime, in spite of our vaunted "democracy" and "noble aspirations," etc., etc., ad nauseam.

... It is outrageous that a man serving his country in all honesty and patriotism should be considered a "criminal" by a country which has its own share of criminals, and not honest and patriotic ones, either....




From David Irving's Action Report:

Wolf Ruediger Hess,
Son Of Rudolf Hess Dies.


The Berlin police arrested the men, and seized the tunic as evidence, which is how it has survived to this day. The German police refused to surrender it to the British. They gave it back to the son instead.


Facing the enemy judges: Rudolf Hess sits in the dock at Nuremberg (writing, with Göring, Ribbentrop, Keitel) He has feigned amnesia until this moment, now suddenly astonishes judges and medical experts alike by revealing that it was a trick (illustration from David Irving: Nuremberg, the Last Battle).

Sorry to hear from Robert Faurisson's sister that Wolf Rüdiger Hess died two weeks ago. he was the son of Hitler's deputy Rudolf Hess. When we invited him to speak at Cincinnati earlier this year, he first agreed, then demurred, as he was waiting for a vital organ transplant. So I had provisionally flagged him to address next year's function, before we decided to concentrate mainly on the World Trade Centre and surrounding history.

He was another example of a person whose entire life was effectively blighted by being the son of a famous father; Randolph Churchill is another who at once springs to mind.

Wolf Rüdiger was born a few weeks before I was, and his father doted on him. When he flew to Scotland on his peace mission on May 10, 1941 he took a picture of the little boy with him, and on his arrival at Nuremberg in October 1945, feigning amnesia, after four years as Churchill's secret prisoner, the one occasion when he nearly lost control was on being confronted by Colonel John Amen with a picture of the infant Wolf Rüdiger.

The Allies sentenced him at Nuremberg to life imprisonment, ironically for crimes against peace. After sentencing, his iron discipline returned: he refused permission for his wife, Ilse, and son to visit him in Spandau prison, saying he would allow it only when he could see them as a free man.

Generations of spineless western prime ministers preferred to allow Rudolf Hess , a latent schizophrene, to rot in jail, hoping that he would die soon; after twenty-five years he eventually allowed Wolf Rüdiger, now a grown man and a successful architect, to come and see him. While the Russian guards generally turned a blind eye, the western guards were pitiless in application of rules set by judges and commissions long since deceased.

Father and son were severely punished for the one and only occasion when they risked an illicit hug. As the father slowly aged during the 47 years of his imprisonment by the Allies (the last quarter-century in solitary confinement), he became senile, bowed, and arthritic, and mentally faded away. I listened once to the illicit tapes made by an American of a conversation in Spandau with him ten years or so before he died. He was so far gone he did not even know who Adolf HIitler was.

During all those years the famous leather Luftwaffe flying uniform in which he had made the hazardous solo flight and midnight parachute jump (his first ever) hung on a peg in the cell. The British military government had orders to destroy it and all his other personal effects upon his death, but it was stolen a few weeks before Hess's mysterious death -- he was found strangled in his cell during the American regime -- and turned up in a Berlin flea market, offered for sale by two British soldiers.

The Berlin police arrested the men, and seized the tunic as evidence, which is how it has survived to this day. The German police refused to surrender it to the British. They gave it back to the son instead. We had hoped he would bring it with him to the next Cincinnati function to display as a relic of the past, as he did in May 1991 -- which was the last time I saw him, when I lectured on his father's ordeal to the Rudolf Hess Society in Munich.

Hess bookI took a team from Hard Copy once to film him for a segment of the popular American TV series. He spoke fluent English.

I also stayed for a week in a basement room of his Bavarian mountain villa; his mother, the steely Ilse, was still alive in her bedroom upstairs, the custodian of all the Rudolf Hess files; these were about 100 ring binders of original letters and documents, going back to the early 1920s and the Landsberg era. Nobody else had ever been allowed near them.

Wolf Rüdiger carried them down to the basement, two at a time, without his mother's knowledge, to allow me to make a full inventory of these priceless items. I eventually gave the list to the German archives. I hope the historic files themselves now find a secure home.

Reproduced gratefully from:   David Irving's Action Report



Wolf Rüdiger Heß gestorben
- Nachruf von Jürgen Rieger

Wie der eine oder andere Leser vielleicht schon mitbekommen haben wird, starb am 24. Oktober Wolf Rüdiger Heß, der Sohn des Friedensfliegers und Gefangenen von Spandau, Rudolf Heß. Wie nicht anders zu erwarten, wurde die Nachricht von den Medien weitestgehend unterdrückt oder nur am Rande erwähnt, so daß erst vor kurzem bekannt wurde, daß Wolf Rüdiger Heß am 15. November beerdigt wurde. Über die näheren Todesumstände ist bislang noch nichts bekannt. Wolf Rüdiger Heß, dessen jahrzehntelanger Kampf um die Freilassung bzw. die Ehrenrettung seines Vaters bei allen nationalgesinnten Deutschen bekannt ist, machte zuletzt von sich reden, als er den Demonstranten, die am 18. August diesen Jahres in Wunsiedel für das Andenken an seinen Vater marschierten, ein Grußwort schickte. Selber konnte er seinerzeit aus gesundheitlichen Gründen nicht kommen. Schade, denn so hätte er kurz vor seinem Ableben noch feststellen können, daß sein Kampf um das Andenken seines Vaters in all den Jahren keineswegs vergebens oder gar in den Wind gepredigt war. Nicht nur Nationalisten, sondern auch zahlreiche normale Bürger beteiligten sich im August an der Veranstaltung. Organisator der Veranstaltung war der Hamburger Rechtsanwalt Jürgen Rieger, der dem Toten einen würdigen Nachruf hielt, den wir an dieser Stelle ungekürzt veröffentlichen wollen. Es wäre wünschenswert, wenn dieser Nachruf so weit wie möglich verbreitet würde.

"Ein tapferes Herz hat aufgehört zu schlagen... 

Wolf Rüdiger Heß zum Gedenken Von Jürgen Rieger 

Welcher Vater würde sich nicht einen solchen Sohn wünschen! Wolf Rüdiger Heß hat im Mai 1941, dreijährig, seinen Vater Rudolf Heß letztmalig für lange Zeit gesehen, da dieser am 10. Mai 1941 nach England flog, um einen Frieden zwischen Deutschland und England herbeizuführen. Dann sah er ihn erst als 32jähriger wieder, also 29 Jahre später, bei einem (dann künftig einmonatlich zugelassenen) Besuch in Anwesenheit von Gefängnispersonal, wo streng reglementiert wurde, worüber man sprechen durfte und wo keinerlei Herzlichkeiten (beispielsweise Umarmungen) ausgetauscht werden durften. Obwohl er in der bewußten Phase des Heranwachsens seinen Vater entbehrt hatte, hat er sich Zeit seines Lebens bis zum Mord an seinem Vater am 17.August 1987 für die Freilassung seines Vaters eingesetzt, der zunächst noch mit Mitgefangenen, sodann als Einzelhäftling im Spandauer Gefängnis untergebracht war. Als der Sohn endlich die Zustimmung der Russen zur Freilassung erzielt hatte, wurde - mutmaßlich durch britische Agenten unter Mitwissen des CIA - Rudolf Heß ermordet. Er wußte zuviel über die Friedensbemühungen des Deutschen Reiches, so daß er nicht in Freiheit sprechen durfte. Es gelang ihm, sogar einige der früheren Richter dazu zu bewegen, für die Freilassung von Rudolf Heß einzutreten. Zur Unterstützung seiner Forderung gründete er eine Gemeinschaft, die sich für die Freilassung seines Vaters einsetzen sollte, und nachhaltig immer wieder durch Verbreitung von Schriftstücken, Memoranden, Vorstöße bei Bundestagsabgeordneten u.ä. Bemühungen zur Freilassung unternahm. Aber auch nach dem Tode seines Vaters setzte er sich weiter für ihn ein, nun nicht mehr für die Freilassung, sondern für die Wiederherstellung seines guten Namens, und um auf die skandalösen Umstände seines Todes hinzuweisen, der als "Selbstmord" behauptet wurde, obwohl es zahlreiche Beweise für Mord gibt und der frühere amerikanische Gefängnisdirektor in Spandau ebenso wie sein Krankengymnast erklärte, Heß hätte sich nicht selbst umbringen können. Der Zivilkrankenpfleger Abdallah Melaouhi war sehr überrascht, als er - unter einem Vorwand von Heß weggerufen - hinterher Heß leblos auf dem Boden fand, dabei zwei Personen stehend, die er noch nie gesehen hatte (obwohl es fremden Personen streng verboten war, mit Heß Kontakt aufzunehmen). Als eine dieser Personen von ihm aufgefordert wurde, Wiederbelebungsversuche zu machen, quetschte sie Heß den Brustkorb so stark, daß vier Rippen brachen. Das waren die Mörder! Durch Obduktionen, Einholung von Zeugenbeweisen, legte Wolf Rüdiger Heß im Einzelnen die Beweismomente für den Mord an seinem Vater dar. Da hochrangige Regierungsinteressen hinter dem Mord standen, war es ihm nicht vergönnt, die Täter vor Gericht zu sehen. Aber so, wie sich bereits seine Mutter Ilse Heß in Büchern für ihren Mann eingesetzt hat, seine Briefe veröffentlicht hat, so hat auch er sich in dem Buch, das vom Mord an seinem Vater handelt, für die Aufklärung dieses Verbrechens eingesetzt. Er hat ferner die Gesellschaft, die sich für die Freilassung von Rudolf Heß eingesetzt hatte, bestehen lassen, um ihr nun die Zielrichtung zu geben, sich für das Andenken an Rudolf Heß einzusetzen. Während er früher, als er noch hoffte, Regierungskreise für die Freilassung seines Vaters zu gewinnen, vorsichtig mit Kontakten zu jungen Nationalisten war, die seinen Vater verehrten, hat er dann später diese Bedenken nicht mehr gehabt. Mit seinem Grußwort zum diesjährigen Rudolf-Heß-Gedenkmarsch in Wunsiedel, wo er eigentlich sprechen wollte, aber krankheitsbedingt verhindert war, hat er gezeigt, daß er die jungen Nationalisten in ihren Bemühungen zur Ehrung seines Vaters zu unterstützen bereit ist. Wolf Rüdiger Heß stand vor einer Operation. Diese hat er nicht unbeschadet überstanden. Am 24.10.2001 hörte sein Herz auf zu schlagen, ein tapferes Herz, ein mutiges Herz, ein Herz, das immer für die Ehre seines Vaters, seiner Familie und Deutschlands geschlagen hat. Die Umstände seines Todes liegen noch im Dunkeln; am 15.11.2001 wurde er zu Grabe getragen. 

"Wir verneigen uns vor diesem würdigen Sohn eines großartigen Vaters."


Enkel von Rudolf Heß wegen Volksverhetzung verurteilt
Donnerstag 24. Januar 2002, 18:23 Uhr München (Reuters)

Das Amtsgericht München hat den Enkel des früheren Hitler-Stellvertreters Rudolf Heß wegen Volksverhetzung zu 1350 Euro Geldstrafe verurteilt. Der 23-jährige Student hatte nach Ansicht des Gerichts im August 2000 ein Interview seines Vaters ins Internet gestellt, in dem dieser Verbrennungsöfen im Konzentrationslager Dachau leugnete. Sie seien nur von den Amerikanern gebaut worden, um Touristen zu erschrecken, hatte der Vater in dem Interview gesagt. Das Gericht erklärte am Donnerstag, der Angeklagte habe sich der Volksverhetzung schuldig gemacht, weil er die Äußerung des Vaters veröffentlicht habe. Wolf Andreas Heß hatte in dem Prozess die Aussage verweigert. Sein mitangeklagter Vater war vor drei Monaten verstorben.
Der Anwalt des Heß-Enkels sagte, sein Mandant habe nur eine Dokumentation über seinen Großvater erstellen wollen. "Es ging ihm nicht um Volksverhetzung. Er hat im Geschichtsunterricht aufgepasst und weiß, dass es den Holocaust gegeben hat."





          Thursday January 24, 2002

  Nazi Leader's Grandson Fined Over Online Quotes

MUNICH, Germany (Reuters) - A grandson of Adolf Hitler's deputy Rudolf Hess was fined for public incitement on Thursday after putting remarks by Hess on the Internet.

IrvingDavid Irving writes: THIS is another example of German justice gone berserk. What will have happened (from my own experience) is this: the Munich judge put in the usual phone call to the Minister of Justice in a lunch adjournment to warn that the country's most prestigious institute of history, the IfZ, had confirmed long ago there there were never any homicidal gas chambers at Dachau; and the Minister will have told him to find Hess guilty nonetheless. Eventually Real History will prevail, but no thanks to the German government of today.
Hess was quoted as saying there were no gas chambers in Dachau concentration camp near Munich during the Second World War and that the Americans installed them afterwards to scare tourists, Munich district court said.

Wolf Andreas Hess, a 23-year-old student, had only been trying to assemble historical documentation about his grandfather, the defense counsel said.

The counsel said Hess was not trying to incite anyone, adding that he had paid attention in his history lessons and knew there was a Holocaust.

Hess was fined $1,184.

Beyond his grave in his Bavarian home town of Wunsiedel, Rudolf Hess remains a source of fascination for Germany's small band of neo-Nazis who regard him as a martyr and believe he was murdered by his British [sic. American] captors.

Hitler dictated his book "Mein Kampf" to Hess while in prison in 1923-24.

Hess fell into Allied hands in 1941 after parachuting into Scotland in an apparent personal bid to broker peace with Britain.

He was tried as a war criminal and sentenced to life imprisonment. He was found dead in Berlin's Spandau prison in 1987 at the age of 93 after spending 46 years in jail.





Reproduced gratefully from   David Irving's web site



In circa fünf bis sechs Wochen erscheinen die Erinnerungen von Abdallah Melaouhi: "Ich sah den Mördern in die Augen! Die letzten Jahre und der Tod von Rudolf Heß" - Abdallah Melaouhi bricht 20 Jahre nach der Ermordung von Rudolf Heß sein Schweigen und berichtet zum ersten Mal ausführlich in einem Buch über seine fünf Jahre mit dem letzten Gefangenen von Spandau.

Reproduced From:

29.5.2008 - Es muß nicht immer Guido Knopp sein: Sensationelle Aktenfunde eines britischen Historikers. Wie Churchill 1941 den Frieden verhinderte. Eigentlich müßte es im deutschen Blätterwald gewaltig rauschen. Denn dem englischen Historiker Martin Allen sind Dokumentenfunde gelungen, die ohne Übertreibung das Adjektiv „sensationell“ verdienen. Sie lassen nicht nur den Fall Rudolf Heß in neuem Licht erscheinen; sie weisen auch dem britischen Premier Winston Churchill die Schuld dafür zu, daß sich der 1939 begonnene europäische Konflikt um Polen zum Zweiten Weltkrieg ausweitete - mit mehr als 50 Millionen Toten. (
Wer sich dagegen in der BRD für ein anderes Geschichtsbild auch nur interessiert, der bekommt es sehr schnell mit der geballten demokratischen Staatsmacht zu tun, wie
in diesem webblog zu einer Informationsveranstaltung über Rudolf Heß dargestellt. Dort wird ein hochinteressantes Buch vorangekündigt, das ich mir mit Sichherheit besorgen werde:
Vorankündigung. In circa fünf bis sechs Wochen erscheinen die Erinnerungen von Abdallah Melaouhi: "Ich sah den Mördern in die Augen! Die letzten Jahre und der Tod von Rudolf Heß" - Abdallah Melaouhi bricht 20 Jahre nach der Ermordung von Rudolf Heß sein Schweigen und berichtet zum ersten Mal ausführlich in einem Buch über seine fünf Jahre mit dem letzten Gefangenen von Spandau. Er verdeutlicht nicht nur den erbarmungslosen und schickanösen Alltag des „einsamsten Gefangenen der Welt“, sondern berichtet auch über zahlreiche, bislang unbekannte Ereignisse, die uns den Menschen Heß nahebringen. An Hand hier zum ersten Mal veröffentlichter, aus dem Gefängnis herausgeschmuggelter 30 Seiten handschriftlicher Gesuche, Briefe, Berichte und Enthüllungen wird deutlich, daß der Greis keineswegs lebensmüde war, sondern trotz aller Hindernisse unablässig um seine Freiheit kämpfte und hoffte, seine letzten Monate im Kreise der Familie und der Enkel verbringen zu können.Am 17.8.1987 vereitelten seine Mörder die von Gorbatschow bekanntgegebene Freilassung. Sie konnten allerdings nicht damit rechnen, daß es Heß´ Pfleger gelingen würde, sich Zutritt zum Tatort zu verschaffen und die Mörder über der Leiche anzutreffen. Ca. 224 S., 16 S. Fotos, davon 8 in Farbe, über 30 Seiten unveröffentlichter Handschreiben von Heß in Faksimile, gebunden.
Den Todestag von Heß habe ich seit langem astrologisch im Fokus. Im Artikel
JuliNeumond 1987. Der merkwürdige Tod zweier Unbeugsamer: Pfarrer Milch und Rudolf Hess habe ich das Thema bereits angerissen. Ich warte jetzt das Buch seines Krankenpflegers ab und werde noch das Thema noch einmal angehen. Soviel jetzt schon. Es ist auffallend, daß die Buchankündigung beim Transit des Neptun in Opposition zu seiner Todessonne von 24° Löwe erfolgt. Der Transit ist in Vor- und Rückläufigkeit des Neptun bis Dezember 2009 gegeben und dürfte einiges zur Klärung des unerwarteten Todes von Rudolf Heß in der Zitadelle zu Spandau beitragen.

Reproduced From:



















Revised: November 05, 2014 .   Communication:   JerryHaff1963(at)     Go to Home Page     Go to Index of All Articles Pages       
Read the
Last modified: November 05, 2014  Copyright © 1999 - 2008  All rights reserved. [Gnostic Liberation Front].